Mentoring and building the start up companies are totally different games. Mentoring is like being the board of director, advising on day-to-day functioning of the start up. It depends on the stage of its maturity and how influential I can be to the companies.
Building and running the start up companies could drain you personally, emotionally and professionally. Yes? No? Well, feck it!
Last night, I sat down with friends who are into digital media and ICT with a bit of 'entrepreneurship' addiction. They failed several times and slowly getting back on their feet. Their relentless spirit is diminishing. However, they agreed to go for the final one, considering their age and current commitment.
I don't want to make this start up arrangement as another hopeless new year plans though. I have been setting up the foundations for several years and I bet that this is the only way to seal it.
In essence, we agreed to leverage on our experience. They complement my weaknesses and easily eliminate my limited knowledge in technology. Well, I can tell you what kind of cars you should have. I can tell you whether those cars are fast. I can tell you those cars will hit 100 km/h in less than 10 seconds. But they can tell you what kind of bolts and nuts go into those cars.
Ergo, since we are already into digital media and ICT, we will introduce products and services that related to video.
We are building up something similar to +Livestream or +Ustream. But more personalized to our target market; South East Asia region.
We should start with Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia first. We would formalize everything within, at least 3 months. If we managed to overcome this first hurdle, you should see us more in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
Amen.
Building and running the start up companies could drain you personally, emotionally and professionally. Yes? No? Well, feck it!
Last night, I sat down with friends who are into digital media and ICT with a bit of 'entrepreneurship' addiction. They failed several times and slowly getting back on their feet. Their relentless spirit is diminishing. However, they agreed to go for the final one, considering their age and current commitment.
I don't want to make this start up arrangement as another hopeless new year plans though. I have been setting up the foundations for several years and I bet that this is the only way to seal it.
In essence, we agreed to leverage on our experience. They complement my weaknesses and easily eliminate my limited knowledge in technology. Well, I can tell you what kind of cars you should have. I can tell you whether those cars are fast. I can tell you those cars will hit 100 km/h in less than 10 seconds. But they can tell you what kind of bolts and nuts go into those cars.
Ergo, since we are already into digital media and ICT, we will introduce products and services that related to video.
We are building up something similar to +Livestream or +Ustream. But more personalized to our target market; South East Asia region.
We should start with Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia first. We would formalize everything within, at least 3 months. If we managed to overcome this first hurdle, you should see us more in Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment